Friday, January 31, 2014

January Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Happy New Year.  On New Years Day we went sledding with Aunt Amy & Ian and our cousins Jadon, Tyler & Koen.  One time I went off a jump and one time when I was going off  the jump my face hit the ground and it made a little crack sound on the snow.  I didn't get hurt but it was fun going down that jump. And I went with my family, Brandon, Eric and my mom and my dad.


Another thing I did this month is I went tubing with my family.  It had a little bit jumps but they wouldn't like jump you up in the air, they would like go up and down up and down up and down like that.  It was fun going all together because we spinned around.  Dad was in the middle, he grabbed all our strings, then he would like push us and then we would like go and we spinned around.  It was fun!  



This month I went to karate and it was my belt test so I got my blue belt.  And all of the little dragons got to demonstrate something.  And one time the purple belts got to demonstrate something.  And the higher belts then blue they did this little demo and they were like a brown belt and I sitted by my friends Conner and Benjamin.  I'm learning how to jump and kick but you are switching legs.  I am learning jump front kicks but you are running.  I am also learning choke defense.  And one time I got to do dragon tag and I got everyone out.  Then it was everyone against me but I still didn't get out.  Conner was almost going to get me but I ran faster and then Benjamin tried to get me but I ran faster.  And then all of the rest of the karate kids tried to get me, like Peyton tried to get me and I ran faster so and then Paxton tried to get me and I ran faster so none of them could even touch my belt for one second.  Now I also get to do a gymnastics class at karate.  I get to a kartwheel but it's a different way then just moving sideways.  You start forward and then when you lift your leg off  the ground you turn your body and do the kartwheel sideways but they you have to land forward facing the way you came from.  I learned that but then we had to do a one armed kartwheel.  For one armed kartwheels you do the same thing but one arm has to be behind you back and one arm has to be on your ears.  And for a zero armed kartwheel you have to run and then jump and do a kartwheel in the air with your feet.  Master Jeon showed us how to do that but it will take a lot of practice to learn to do a zero armed kartwheel with no arms.


I am a kindergartener and I am five years old and my teacher is Ms. Z and Mrs. K.  And Caoiss goes to my school and we have a secret passageway that goes to his neighborhood.  At school we have been having indoor recess and Eric has sometimes outdoor recess on the blacktop.  And in our classroom we have journals we have to do, weather journals we have to do, math papers we have to do, and name boards we have to do.  And we have to do our math if we have any and our science journal.  It's a journal, we are making a little book in it and there are calendars and you have to trace the days and trace the letters and then she'll tell us the colors, like green blue purple or blue purple green and sometimes we have to red green. And we have to our alphabet journal where you have to write the letters and you have to do stuff that starts with A or P or C.  And we have to write pictures that start with the letter A like ax and B is for like banana and C is kind of for chip.  And at recess we can do puzzles, we could do these little blocks and make robots and we could read a book, we can do lolli lollipop game.  And outdoor recess if we are ever going to do that we play freeze tag, we go off the slide, we play tag, we play duck duck goose and we play a racing game where when they say ship then you have to run and whoever gets there first gets to say ship.

Goodbye, I hope that you will be in kindergarten one day or if you are like past kindergarten days then you can be in list 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade ... 

Love Kyle Patrick Barnhisel

No comments: