Friday, May 31, 2013

May Letter

Dear Family & Friends, 

Hello.  How are you doing?  Good?  This is me on "mudders" day.  My name is Kyle.  What is your name?  We singed to mom on "mudders" day at church. 


We had a carnival for preschool and what treats I had was Cotton Candy!  I had fishing, I got to throw sponges at "duckses" and they fall over and you get a pencil.  At the carnival the clown blows balloons and I got a pirates sword.  Next I had Graduation.  I had a great time.  We set down with our hats and then we got this little skirt thingy on us.  And we got two of these little circled papers (diplomas).  We ate monster cupcakes and tons of treats.



Hello ... this is me at the cabin.  And I went fishing and I caught a fish.  And I threw footballs and I went "4-wheelering".  We went on a big trail and we were looking for cows and we didn't find any.  And it was still a fun time because Chunky went running and chasing stuff.  And he saw a bird.  And we went with Uncle Darren and Aunt Cindy and Koen, Tyler, Jackson & Dylan and Uncle Brian and "Wydia".  And with dad and you, mom.





I just graduated and I like playing with HERO factories and I like playing with Peter.  And I like playing with my cards.  And I like playing with Alex and "Hawey".  And I like playing at the park.  And I like playing with "Hawey" at the park.  And I like playing at my house with "Hawey" and Alex and Peter.  And I used to be in preschool but now it's summer time and we are having a big party.  I want to play night games and I want to play kickball, dodge ball, stuff like that in the summer.

Dave & I spend a lot of time trying to teach our boys the difference between a privilege and a right so that they learn to appreciate what they are given.  We also must mention often enough that we didn't have all the things when we were kids that they have.  One day while driving Kyle asked me "Mom, were you ever a girl scout before?"  I told him no.  He said "Oh, that's because you didn't have any privileges."


Kyle started martial arts this month.  He LOVES it!!  One morning he told me "I don't want to be a policeman anymore when I grow up.  I want to me a "minja" and teach martial arts."



One day, out of the blue, Kyle asked me if I was ever a police officer.  I chuckled and told him no.  He then asked me "What were you when you grew up?  I thought you had to be someone when you grew up."  I guess I am not something cool enough for a 5 year old.



Kyle asked me one day "Why can't I look at my eyeballs?  Oh ... because I am my eyeballs!"  



Bye.  Hope you have a great time!


Love Kyle Patrick Barnhisel

No comments: