Sunday, January 6, 2019

December Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Hello! How has your month been? I hope you had an amazing month. I have to say that my month was amazing! The first snow was splendid. I went out immediately and started making a snow fortress. I had so much fun in the snow. I made snowballs and snow angels. Even though it was cold, I loved every second of it!!!


We went to my grandpa's work party. They had some really good food. I ate lots of fruit and meat. My cousins were also there and I had fun with them. I ran around with Sam and he and I had lots of fun. We also visited Santa and I told him what I wanted. I hope I get what I want or something similar. My hopes are set on Christmas morning!


We also did a family tradition by going to see the beautiful lights at Temple Square. All the lights were magnificent. Another thing is that I always feel happy and uplifted at Temple Square. It always gives me this lovely feeling in my heart. We also went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Even though I couldn't find my money to donate, I loved seeing so many other people giving. It always makes me smile.


We have some widows,(A.K.A our ward grandmas), in our ward. We invited them over for dinner. I had a great time with Sister Febrizio, Sister Black, and Sister Rosier. We had chicken noodle soup and orange rolls, and I can tell they loved the dinner. For such I am very happy. They also gave us a lot of candy but I think we didn't need it because It was our gift to them.


We went to Gardener Village and saw the elves. They were in a lot of funny places, and Sam and I had lots of fun. It was pretty cold, but I had an awesome time. There was only one thing I didn't like, and it is that they didn't have the naughty and nice list up this year. But besides that, it was so fun.


We had our 5th grade concert to. We had some cool songs, and I loved them. Lots of my friends were there, and I had an awesome time singing with them. My best friend Alek was hanging out with me before, and it was an awesome evening.


We made ginger bread houses this year and I had lots of fun. Mine might not have looked good,(I did the other side of the ginger bread house in the picture, but Brandon wanted the picture to be good). My side was a big mess because I glued a tree to the window on the other wall.


We had our neighborhood Christmas party and my mom and dad were in charge. Not to brag, but it was the best party so far. We had a Charlie Brown Christmas Play and I opened it with the first speaking part. The play wasn't the best, but I enjoyed it.


Our family Christmas party was on Christmas Adam, and it was pretty amazing because my aunt and uncle were setting it up. We had some fun games and we even did a puzzle. We had a cousin gift exchange but Sam got me. I got some awesome basketball shorts and I really like them.


On Christmas Eve we started tracking Santa. He took a neighbor gift that was a plate of cookies, and we left it for Santa with a glass of milk. I got some new pajamas that made me look like an elf, and Sam became Samta with his new pajamas.


Christmas morning was a buzz as we were waiting for mom and dad to wake up. When they got us I sprinted down the stairs to our stockings, were I got a mini football and some food. I then ran to presents were I got some awesome stuff. My favorites were an Adidas backpack and some sweet soccer shoes. I also got and DVD of Studio C best sketches. It was awesome!!!!!!!



I had some more fun in the snow when my dad took me sledding behind his side-by-side. It was so fun.

New years was so fun and we did lots of fun activities. We did cake wars and I am pretty sure that I lost, but that is OK. But we did watch a movie until 12:29 so we kinda missed New Years.


School has been pretty easy and fun and I have had lots of fun playing in the snow. Bye!

                                         Love, Kyle Patrick Barnhisel

No comments: